Friday, October 15, 2010

What a waste.

We had an appointment to go look at a 7 year old Appy gelding this morning. We drove two hours one way to get there at 10 am. As we were pulling in, the owner told us she was showing some people another horse and that she would be with us in a moment.

As I am getting out of the car, there are 3 dogs walking around. This huge malnourished Mastiff walked up behind me and bit me on the leg. He then went over to my husband and bit his leg as well. He didn't break the skin, but we both have bruises. This was completely unprovoked. We were not even looking at or touching the dog when he bit us.

We saw the horse we went to see in the pasture and stood at the fence looking at him. He had a club foot and his feet looked like they hadn't been trimmed in 12 weeks. He had a halter on and walked up to us at the fence, so I was able to look at his teeth. He was at LEAST 9 or 10 years old.

40 minutes later she walks over to us and asks if we're ready to meet him. My husband told her we actually needed to leave because he had to get to work. She says, "Well why didn't you tell me you had a time limit?" He says, "We did. That's why we made an appointment for 40 minutes ago. And by the way, your dog bit both of us." She replies, "Did he break the skin? He probably just wanted treats." Not even an apology for being late or her dog biting us.

What a waste of my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment